The SEO industry has been around since the invention of the internet. It is no surprise that many people will ask “what is SEO?” The best way to answer this question is to say that it is a process through which web pages are optimized for crawling by search engine crawlers so they rank higher in organic (non-paid) search results.
Optimizing web pages for search engines involves many best practices that can off-page optimization as well. Off-page optimization refers to the promotion of your site by other sites, social media profiles, and other external factors outside your control. The more links you earn, the better you will rank in organic (non-paid) search results.
How Off-Page SEO turns into a catalyst for your business?
With off-page SEO being a serious concern for your website, it is essential that you have clear guidelines for this. It is essential that you have written all the points that will need to be taken care of while working on the piece of content or blog post.
Great content is a catalyst for attracting links. It is the basis of off-page SEO which helps in getting links. This is done by targeting anchor text where you can use keywords in the link text. Guest blogging also helps in building links with the help of relevant anchor text. Off-page SEO helps you get your content in front of new audiences and helps you rank higher in search results.
How Off-Page SEO works for Google?
# 1 Link building and off-page SEO
Link building is one of the most important SEO techniques to get the website indexed in the search engine. It is also one of the most time-consuming tasks. But with guest posts, you can build links without spending too much time.
Link building remains one of the most important tasks for SEO. Links are the driving force behind any website to increase its ranking on search engines.
Search engine crawlers mostly use these links to access the pages that are linked to each other. Search engines then rank these pages based on how many quality, relevant, and authoritative links they have to other websites.
One of the most important off-page SEO factors that can have a serious impact on your ranking is the authority and trust that backlinks offer.
Those links point to a page and tell Google, “This page deserves a spot at the top of the organic search results because experts have written it and it’s been given other experts’ endorsement.”
It doesn’t matter if you’re looking to rank well in organic search or trying to increase conversion rates for your online store, link building is an essential tool for achieving your goals.
Links are the backbone of SEO
There are three major types of link building:
1) Natural Link Building: Natural link building is the process of earning links that come organically from other websites. This type of link building usually takes time and effort, yet they considered it to be the most effective.
2) Unnatural Link Building: Unnatural link building, also known as Black Hat Link Building, is what many people think of when they think about SEO. This process involves buying links from websites in order to rank higher in search engines. This can be a tremendous risk because if Google finds out you have been buying links, it might penalize your website.
3) Manually built links: The manual link building process has been around for a while. The process involves finding relevant sites and gaining backlinks from them. This is what we call the manual link-building process because it relies on us to do everything.
Contribution to SEO
- Linking to a fresh site
- The reliability of the linking site
- Link anchor text
- Linking page and the number of other links
- Domain authority and page authority
- Relevance of a link’s topic to the linked site
- The popularity of the linking site
# 2 Guest blogging and off-page SEO
Guest blogging is a form of off-page SEO that brands used to increase brand awareness and generate links to their website. Guest blogging has been on the rise in recent years and businesses are finding new ways to get more value from it.
There are many ways you can do guest blogging. The first and most popular way is by getting published on an industry-related blog or website for which you would like to get traffic and reach out. Another option is to publish content on your own website, but this will depend on the number of posts you have currently published across your site.
Guest blogging can be beneficial for both the guest blogger and the blog publisher. It provides links back to your site, access to a new audience, and fresh content that may not otherwise be possible without an army of writers.
What are the best Guest Blogging Sites?
Guest blogging has been an important part of the SEO strategy. Guest blogging has been popular for some time now and it is still as popular as before.
There are three types of guest blogging sites: free, paid, and premium.
Free sites provide a lot of benefits like getting links and traffic for your blog, but they don’t offer any pre-written articles and they don’t allow new bloggers to publish their work.
Paid sites offer all these benefits, but you have to pay a fee every month to keep your account active on the site.
Premium sites offer all these benefits plus quality content that is written by experts in writing.
Guest blogging is one of the most effective methods for building links and driving traffic to your blog or website. Here are some top guest blogging sites that will help you.
Make sure you fill these parameters.
- At least 800 words must be included in your content.
- Ensure that your content is clear and understandable
- The content should be original and informative.
- Guest posting on a blog should relate to the blog where you want to guest post
There are thousands of guest posting sites available. Here are a few for you.
#3 Mastering the Social media marketing skills and the off-page SEO
Look at the statistics of social media platforms.
Social Media Platforms are hugely important to any online marketing strategy these days.
- YouTube alone has 1 billion monthly visitors.
- Twitter with 328 million monthly visitors or
- Facebook with 1.6 billion monthly visitors
- LinkedIn with 467 million monthly visitors. These are just the mega-platforms in this industry but even lesser-known ones have 100 million to 500 million monthly visitors, which makes them an important part of any SEO strategy in 2017 or 2018
Social media marketing is an essential part of the modern marketing strategy. There are many skills necessary for it and we will discuss a few of them below:
- Opinion building: Engage Audience
- Branding: Builds Trust
- Advertising: Creates Impact
- Listening: Elicits Information
- Listening to your audience: Empathize Problem
- Optimizing your content for search engines: Place you to rank -1
The content you publish on social media will have a direct impact on your site’s ranking. Social media marketing skills are very important to stay ahead in the competition.
Social media marketing platforms are a critical tool for any brand to have in its marketing kit. They are necessary for any business to engage with their customers through updates, posts, and videos. The problem is that with so many platforms, it’s hard to keep up with the best way to use them.
The first step is narrowing down how you want your social media marketing strategy to look.
- For example, do you want organic reach?
- Do you want more likes on your page?
- What do you hope your customers will do after they visit your page?
are all questions that will help determine which social media platform is best for you.
Once you have narrowed down which social media platform is best for your needs, it’s time to populate it with content. Social media marketing has become an integral part of the business strategy for many companies.
It can be argued that most companies nowadays have at least one social media account, but there are some who have opted to use social media marketing platforms to manage all their social media accounts. These platforms offer a way for small businesses to compete with giants in this field, but they also have their own disadvantages.
#4 Incorporate video content, Images, Infographics to boost off-page SEO
The benefits of video content and how it can be used for off-page SEO, as well as why you should in a video production service.
Video and image marketing is a great way to improve your SEO. It can boost your visibility, likability, and shareability online.
If you want to rank better on Google and other search engines, then you need to use videos, images, and infographics in order to give your site an edge.
Infographics are more fun to read, easier to understand, and are usually visual. Content marketers can use infographics to impress their target audience. Infographics are also a good way to increase the number of shares and likes on social media.
Infographics are visual representations of data that are also designed to be shared easily. They give readers the information they need in a way that is easy to understand and quick to read, with no lengthy explanations.
If you want to rank no 1 position on Google to drive heavy traffic, then you need to focus on your off-page SEO as well. If you want to grow your business and get more visitors to your website, then it is crucial for you to focus on all aspects of SEO.
Netsavvies – Digital Marketing Agency in Ahmedabad Netsavvies Media Co. offers a wide variety of digital marketing, political, social media, Search Engine Optimization, and Web Development services for increasing brand awareness. We call ourselves Netsavvies, a creative firm with a unique hands-on approach run by planners, account handlers, analysts, designers, information architects, and developers.
We offer full-service branding and marketing, including social media marketing, video production, and content writing. To help maintain your brand’s perception, we offer online reputation management services by improving the quality and quantity of your online reviews. We also offer web design and search engine optimization (SEO) services.